A dental bridge is a non-removable (fixed) appliance and is a great method to replace missing teeth.
There are various different types of bridges that can be made. The specific type will be chosen based on a discussion we have regarding your particular case. The porcelain fused to metal type is the most popular and traditional type of bridge. The fantastic part is that bridges have great similarity to your natural teeth.
A DENTAL BRIDGE CONSISTS OF:
– crowns that are placed over anchoring teeth (abutment teeth) and are attached to either side of the artificial teeth (pontics) which fill the gap between missing teeth.
– Dental bridges represent the teeth you once had in your mouth and also undergo normal wear. These bridges are very durable and last for many years, however, they may have to be replaced or re-cemented after some time.
PURPOSE OF A BRIDGE:
– To fill a space of missing teeth
– Prevent remaining teeth from moving out of position
– Enhance speech and aid in normal chewing
– Restore your smile